Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

How do I know which version I have?

Holly

HP Recommended

I just found out what version I have: 6.0.21.1. Thanks anyway.

Holly

HP Recommended

Holly, If you don't have an SSD Drive don't worry about it.  If you do and/or are still getting the error message, refer to my Post at the top of page 12.  After my Post a couple of days ago, it sounds like the problem may have been fixed by either MicroSoft or HP.  If not, just try what I said in the Post.  Good Luck !!!!!

HP Recommended

To Honk1: 

I followed your directions, and it worked but ever since I did it every time I turn on my computer or do a restart I get the following message:

"To skip disk checking, press any key within 8 seconds." 

Nothing happens if you press any key or just ignore the message but it's annoying. I googled this new problem and see others had this same message in June of this year but after doing something else. The link to this message in June is :

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Disk-checking-at-every-boot/td-p/6128494

I would appreciate any advise or help from you or anyone else that has gotten this message after turning on their computer or doing a restart.

Holly

PS: I tried to do a disk check on my own, but got the message that my drive was fine, but I could do a disk check if I wished so I declined to do one.

HP Recommended

The MS Show/hide updates just worked for me using the solution on this page:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-hp-development-co...

HP Recommended

I don't recall ever moving a cabinet so easily before. Worked quite nicely! Grazie mille!!

HP Recommended

I am so sick of HP and this kind of crap.  I have NEVER had this prob or the myriad of others with Windows and any other brand ofcomputer!  And the techs I needed assistance from with a previous nagging issue that would not allow Windows  to update..well those techs were horrid and incompetent. Twice  I had a BIOS update in my Support Assistant and just could not get it to update.  So  I let tech from HP  two diff ones at two diff times this happened.  Let them in my puter to handle it and because they were not able to do it, they simply deleted the updates BOTH  TIMES stating they were not necessary  wth?.  I figured it out and fixed it (and I am pretty puter illiterate) when it stopped Windows from updating.  WHO DELETES UPDATES FOR BIOS!!!???  I am so disappointed I cannot say, but you can see this I am sure.  I have NEVER  had constant issues  with Windows updates and poor service as I have experienced in every avenue since I purchased an HP.  I am not a mean person, but this is reprehensible.  At this moment Windows is rectifying an issue I have had activating software  since I purchased this laptop a year ago.  The techs at Windows have been absolutely above board..Kudos to them.  They fixed something  I paid HP for.

HP Recommended

@MrSnert wrote:

Ok, we got there. It seems HP have changed something here but from looking at it you would never know. It appears there is a valid digital signature on this file now.

So, from the catalog download page and searching for "hp mobile protection" the list shows these 3 at the bottom.

Step 1Step 1Step 2Step 2Step 3Step 3Step 4Step 4

You can see from Step 4 that the signature dates are different, but in step 1, you can see that the version and upload date are the same. So it seems HP have re-released it. This has been a lot of hassle for what should have been a simple thing for HP to rectify.

Lucky you!  I downloaded the same file and it still says no digital signature when I install it.  I have tried many times.  And of course, because there is no signature, Windows Update continues to deliver the update file but no error message.  Now it "installs successfully" multiple times per day.  But it doesn't really install.  How do you install the cab file?  Are there detailed instructions?  I used a very complicated Windows Powershell process to expand the cab file into a temporary folder and then select the .inf file with "Have Disk".  At that point it tells me the driver isn't signed.  Very frustrating!

HP Recommended

@CherylG wrote:

@Shinobi45

I think this is Windows Update trying to push an update on your laptop that doesn't really apply. HP is looking into this-but it will probably be Microsoft who has to fix it.

help in resolving this error

HP Recommended

@Y_A1

>Download Windows 10 Updates Troubleshooter Tool from Microsoft<

Run it and click on "Hide updates" option and you'll be able to hide desired update  in the list.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.