Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi Paul_Tikkanen,

Thanks for your immediate reply.

If Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver is installed on my laptop, how about Intel Rapid Start Technology Driver? Does it mean Intel Rapid Start Technology Driver is also installed along with Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver??

In your previous reply, you had told me that Intel Rapid Start Technology Driver is not a driver but a software which installs along with Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver. Now I'm thinking if Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver is already installed, why is Intel Rapid Start Technology Driver software missing?

Just like how you told me to locate Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver in the Device Manager under Storage controllers category, how do I locate Intel Rapid Start Technology Driver?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There should be an Intel programs folder on your windows all programs list.

Under that should be the program to launch the rapid start utility.

If it is not there, then only the RST driver is installed, and you would have to install the RST exe file from the Intel support page I posted, or find a newer version if you want.

The page I posted stated it was the latest driver for your PC's chipset.

HP Recommended

Hi,

There were three Intel folders in my C Drive where Windows 10 is installed.

Folders: "gp" and "logs" folder  (inside it doesn't contain rapid start utility)

Folder: Media SDK folder (inside it doesn't contain rapid start utility)

Folder: Intel(R) Processor Graphics folder (inside it doesn't contain rapid start utility)

Searched in all the Intel locations in C Driver but could not find Rapid Start Utility. I think it is hard to find or either it does not exist.

Anyways what is the use of Intel Rapid Start Utility, is it a necessity? I have Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver installed, do I also need Intel Rapid Start Technology?

HP Recommended

Hi:

The software is not a necessity for your needs.

I think it is used to create RAID arrays (more than one hard drive).

We just need the driver for the hard drive controller.

That is why the file is provided with the entire software/driver application or just the 32 and 64 bit zip files which contain the driver only.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. You have been very patient to let me know whether some of the drivers of the chipset and storage are installed on my laptop and how to locate them.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.