Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Good day, all, 

I tried to turn on my HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible while on a flight and realized that the power button appears like its flat out. On getting home, I noticed that the power button is stuck, and it looks like it got a bump. I know I didn't drop it and the only place it could have had a hit will be during TSA check. I checked HP website, and it took me to a local uBreakiFix store which I took it to the next day. They did their diagnostic and confirmed that something is wrong with the power button. However, it is something they can fix but HP won't ship the part(s) to them and they told me I have to send to HP to fix it.  

Note: I am out of warranty and I have been hearing stories about HP saying stuff like fixing motherboard along with it. I don't know if any of the experts can help get subsidized HP services. I am about to get it at uBreakiFix and will provide an update if there is any. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@phorlabee

I understand your concerns

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. 

I was contacted by an HP agent (ThatGuyFromSoMe). I will follow through with the questions asked. 

HP Recommended

Hey, 

I contacted HP, and they told me I would have to pay as high as $400 for the repair. I used my laptop well, and it is in a very good condition and I can still use it for years. However, paying $400 looks steep. I am considering instead of paying $400 for the repair, would it not be worth adding some money and getting a new one. I know that is a decision I have to make. I am reaching out to you just so you know avenue(s) I can get a discount coupon for repair. If I get a new one, then this one that needs repair would just be there without use. Or is there any HP program that I can exchange it for a fee, where I can give it to HP,  and pay some money to get a new one?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.