Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j006tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Sir/Madam working in HP,

I have bought the ENVY TouchSmart 15 notebook in 2014 and now I know it is out of the warranty. However, I never dropped it and now the hinges show defects and it cracked the case of the notebook.

Here I would like to know the place and the timing for fixation.

Thank you and best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Charmander

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Charmander

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your rapid response. Now I am working in Singapore.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Funny enough my laptop had the same issue and its the same model. I find it frustrating that my laptop is out of warrenty and I never dropped or damaged my laptop, but my now laptop is cracked due to HP's negligence in it's design of the hinges. My computer's outer casing is now craked because the faulty hinge has caused the case come up and not close. I can no longer close my laptop and I may be forced to buy a new one.

HP Recommended

Hi Charmander , I am facing exactly the same problem  and  situation with my  HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j006tx Notebook PC  recently. 

May I know if you had managed to resolved the problem with the hinge problem two years ago?  

I look forward to your advice. Thank you.

Benny

HP Recommended

Hi Omar-E

I refer to your post (dated 7 Oct 2016). 

I am currently facing similar issue (seems to be a common issue with this particular HP product).

My HP Envy laptop both left and right hinges broke and the corner is cracked and bulging. The laptop was not dropped or fell. When I open and close the laptop the hinge is shifting and then separating lower case from the upper case. The screw from the lower case are falling off and I am not able to close and open the laptop properly.

Wonder if you could advise me how I could get the problem fixed as it had already out of warranty. 

THank you.

Benny

HP Recommended

Hi Benny,

After I posted this message, I found a company in Singapore which could fix the hinge. Then I sent my laptop to them and fix the issue. However, just after 1 year I think, the hinge broke again. Now I am using it just like a desktop. I believe this issue is due to the terrible design of HP, and the next laptop I will definitely choose another brand like Dell or Lenovo.

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the quick update. So the problem was not resolved.

Did HP offer any solution ?

Benny

HP Recommended

No. I was told that Singapore HP has dismissed its technical support team. HP did not offer any solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.