Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have the SVN105 firmware version for 256GB and I am getting 30C temps...however, I do not get the 3200MBs read speeds and instead only get 1500 max.

Speccy:

I also tried installing the Intel 760p drivers and nothing changed.

HP Recommended

This is honestly an unacceptable response from HP, we already know that 54c is a safe temperature but the point is that number is completely inaccurate, it could have said 1000c and that would not have made a difference. HP seems to be failing to understand the issue here, it is that the thermal sensors are faulty which leaves us with no idea what the actual temps are.

HP Recommended

@wheyluhai wrote:

OH MY GOODNESS IT IS NEWMAXX!!!! You sir are a legend. Thank you for all you do for the SSD buying community! :clap:

Hey, thanks.

My issue with this isn't so much that temperature monitoring is a huge issue. The controller will still throttle properly and, in general, this drive has no thermal issues. I'm more concerned that they are sending out new drives with new firmware (that changes virtually nothing) that only breaks things that previously worked. It shows a lack of due diligence on HP's part (or rather, the manufacturer they have building and testing these drives). This market has an increasingly large amount of competition and the reasons to go HP, beyond their claims that these are tested for HP machines (do the SVN139B drives work properly even there?), are quite small given the previous issues with support.

HP Recommended

People have probably already tried this and no it doesn't fix the broken temperature but it sure as hell fixed all my performance issues with the EX920. I had so many stuttering and lag issues with the drive it felt like a hard drive from two decades ago. I had the buggy 1809 newest windows update installed and it could never detect the drive properly so gave me this generic NVMe driver from 2006 that I had to forcefully update with the intel 760p one.

I made a fun video because I was so annoyed. It's probably not applicable to most people...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug9J-KzOVlo

HP Recommended

@lisabacon1955 wrote:

so gave me this generic NVMe driver from 2006 that I had to forcefully update with the intel 760p one.

Fernando on the Win-Raid Forum actually covered NVMe drivers including using the 760p one (as well as modded & Intel RST drivers). You shouldn't have to force this driver at all - the default one for Windows 8.1/10 works fine. The forum thread on that topic may interest people, though. Personally, I have three SM2262/IMFT NVMe drives (including the EX920) and they all perform normally with the default.

HP Recommended

I read somewhere that it only supported nvme 1.0 or something though. Either way, it was abnormal on my system and did not even name the hp drive. Trying to update yielded no new drivers. Had to force the 760p drivers. Instant performance difference after installing it. 

HP Recommended

What speeds are you getting now, and what were you getting before?

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot Lisa! I actually returned my drive already unfortunately but I was experiencing the exact same issues. So many things were stuttering and laggy so it's good to know there is a fix. The sad thing is I'm sure this drive would have been great otherwise. It really illustrates the lack of care that HP seems to have. Hopefully someone else finds this thread who is running into those issues.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problems with this drive (54c temp).

Just adding my name to the list in hopes HP responds with a fix.

HP Recommended

The speeds are the same but the numbers are meaningless if things open slowly and lag. It went from taking five seconds to open a video file and stuttering within the first second of playback to opening near instantly and being able to seek through the video like it was on a smartphone. And a whole bunch of other performance issues.

I previously got 3000/1600 and after filling up the drive by 40% it dropped to 2000/1600 and the intel driver didn't change anything numbers wise  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.