Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Try installing the Intel 760p driver install (from the zip file) into your storage controller driver. After that- uninstall your HP SSD ex920 driver under disk drives. Reboot. Your drive will now say NVME and your storage controller driver will be from 2018. See screenshot. Report back on the temp afterwards. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28325/Client-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs...
Intel SSD 760p driver.jpg

HP Recommended

3 of my drives have the SVN163 firmware and the other had the SVN139B (the 5th one is still shipping). Sure enough the SVN139B was reporting 54 degrees. This time opening the firmware update software worked flawlessly. After the flash it reported around 30 degrees (even though it was the exact same firmware name). The thing I want to point out is they look physically different. The fatter one is the SVN163 and the skinnier one is the SVN139B. The sticker is covering the chip which probably helps to contribute to some heat. If it didn't void the warranty I would remove that part. see photo

HP ex920 comparison.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.