Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 865 16 inch G10 Notebook PC (70A86AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a  HP EliteBook 865 G10 with HP USB-C Dock g5 that does not detect any monitor.

I have updated the bios from the HP Elitebook and I updated the HP G5 dock with the last firmware.

The keyboard and the mouse are working with the dock.

Is there a solution for this? Or is somebody else having the same problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, but I already solved the problem with a hard memory reset.

See this link how to do this.

HP PCs - How to power reset your computer | HP® Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I looked through the compatibility list and did not see your  HP EliteBook 865 G10 there.

I do see that the laptop does have USB4 Type-C ports; 40 Gbps signaling rate (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort 1.4) so it should be compatible with the G5 dock.

Have you used the menu of the display to selected the correct input?

Have you tried different DisplayPort to HDMI connectors?

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

I tried these steps, but it didn't work.

The dock is connected to HDMI, I did all the upgrades, but It's now working.

It worked for a while before, but now suddenly it doesn't work anymore. I also tried another type of HP dock, but that also does not detect any monitors.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, but I already solved the problem with a hard memory reset.

See this link how to do this.

HP PCs - How to power reset your computer | HP® Support

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

That was a hard reset, not a hard memory reset.

You reset the core hardware components of your laptop. That was everything but the BIOS.

You are likely going to do that every time your Dock and laptop glitch on you.

It is great that you discovered that was what you needed to do.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.