Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to upgrade the RAM and the SSD in HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 (G7U14AV)?

If yes, could you please advise on compatible RAM and SSD modules that may be used for that purpose.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and attention!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To answer my own question:

Yes, it is indeed possible to upgrade the RAM and the SSD in HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 (G7U14AV).

However, please note that the RAM and SSD modules used in Elitebook Folio 1040 G1 are VERY SPECIFIC - they both are SINGLE-SIDED modules, i.e. there are only chips on the side facing up, and there are no chips on the side facing down.

Regular, double-sided RAM and SSD modules are NOT compatible and will NOT work in Elitebook Folio 1040 G1.

A single-sided 4GB RAM module that is compatible with Elitebook Folio 1040 G1 is this one:  
SK Hynix 4GB PC3L-12800S 1600Mhz Memory Module HMT451B6AFR8A-PB.

Unfortunately, this particular RAM module is expensive and hard to find.

It was on offer on Ebay for US $49.95:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201638201847

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Detelin

Elitebook Folio 1040 G1 ships with 4 GB soldered down memory and one memory slot

memory can be upgraded to 8 GB

Below is the memory spec

DR3L SDRAM (1600 MHz, 1.3v)

Below SSD  drives are supported

Solid State Drive
SATA 6 Gb/s 128 GB* Solid State
SATA 6 Gb/s 180 GB* Solid State
SATA 6 Gb/s 180 GB* SED Solid State
SATA 6 Gb/s 256 GB* Solid State
SATA 6 Gb/s 256 GB* SED Solid State

Regards

Happy2help

I am HP Employee
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your reply!

Please note that both RAM and SSD modules used in Elitebook Folio 1040 G1 are VERY SPECIFIC - they both are SINGLE-SIDED modules, i.e. there are only chips on the side facing up, and there are no chips on the side facing down.

Regular, double-sided RAM and SSD modules are NOT compatible and will NOT work in Elitebook Folio 1040 G1.

I've already unsuccessfully tried to install 4 different, double-sided DDR3L SDRAM modules. 

That's why I am asking for exact product numbers of supported, single-sided RAM and SSD modules.

HP Recommended

To answer my own question:

Yes, it is indeed possible to upgrade the RAM and the SSD in HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 (G7U14AV).

However, please note that the RAM and SSD modules used in Elitebook Folio 1040 G1 are VERY SPECIFIC - they both are SINGLE-SIDED modules, i.e. there are only chips on the side facing up, and there are no chips on the side facing down.

A single-sided 4GB RAM module that is compatible with Elitebook Folio 1040 G1 is this one:  
SK Hynix 4GB PC3L-12800S 1600Mhz Memory Module HMT451B6AFR8A-PB.

Unfortunately, this particular RAM module is expensive and hard to find.

It was on offer on Ebay for US $49.95:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201638201847

HP Recommended

I bought a 1TB in my Spectre 13" x360 preinstalled

Is a a  2TB  [or 1TB] ok to install in a 1040 G2?

pls advise

HP Recommended

Yes i am having the same issue ihave tried 3 different brands where the hell do we find this memory single sides ram

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.