Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

downloaded this and ran it; it said "this software is not supported on this system" ??

HP Recommended

The hardware/operating system must be too "new" for that to have worked I guess.  I am not able to find much on the the hardware ID you provided.  Would you mind posting the remainder of the IDs that showed up for you?  I'll see what I can find.  In the meantime let's try a few other application installs that have known to fix odd issues like this for me in the past.  Go to the same support page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-x360-1030-g3-notebook-pc/19753388

Expand the Software Solutions section, and try installing the HP Hotkey Support application.  If that doesn't work, then try the HP collaboration keyboard software.  If you aren't prompted to reboot when installing either of these, I would suggest doing it once anyway before testing.

I'll also see what I can find based on your Hardware IDs when you get a chance to post them.

HP Recommended

the other IDs are:

ACPI\HPQ8002

*HP8002

I see the current driver is 10.0.16299.15 dated 6-21-2006!!! Can't imagine why such an old driver is being used!

I've already updated the keyboard collaboration software. Will do the hotkey one now.

HP Recommended

Hotkey update done, didn't change anything

HP Recommended

I'm not able to find anything helpful using the other hardware IDs you provided.  You've done everything I would have to try and troubleshoot the problem.  The last thing I would suggest doing is resetting and/or reformatting the laptop with a fresh copy of Windows.  It may be possible that your operating system is holding on to a corrupt driver for various reasons.  Although, wiping it may not fix it if there happens to be a problem with the hardware. 

I wish I had a better answers for you.  If you decide to format the system and the problem shows back up I would see if it's still under Warranty and have HP fix it for you.

Good luck with everything.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.