Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp elitebook 850 g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have hp elitebook 850 g3.It has built in 8gb ram ddr4 2133mhz.
I want to upgrade 16gb ram and use dual chanel service.
How can i do it?
Please help me.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Nayan360 

Please use page 44 of the following manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04887250.pdf

Do you know its existing RAM is 1x8GB or 2x4GB ?

(a) If 1x8GB you can simply add 8GB more to slot 2,

(b) If 2x4GB you have to replace BOTH slots with 2x8GB

You can use part # on page 44 or use the following compatible RAM (will run at 2133MHz)

8GB:     https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct8g4sfs824a/ct8098171

16GB:     https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k8g4sfs824a/ct8098147

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

now i have a 1x8GB ram...

Your suggested ram is 2400mhz.Can i use it?Because my laptop built in memory is 2133mhz. So can my laptop  supported 2400mhz ram??

My ram specifications

[BANK 1]
Slot Name Bottom-Slot 1(left)
Capacity 8 GB
Manufacturer Samsung
Model M471A1G43DB0-CPB
Type DDR3/4 @ 2133MHz
Serial# 120FDEB6

Samsung M471A1K43BB0-CPB 8GB PC4-17000 DDR4-2133MHz Non-ECC Unbuffered CL15 260-Pin SoDimm 1.2V Single Rank Memory Module - OEM............

If i use 2nd slot and use 8gb ram different brand and same configaration as 1st slot ram can i get dual channel facilities ?

Or face any problem?

HP Recommended

@Nayan360 

I did say

You can use part # on page 44 or use the following compatible RAM (will run at 2133MHz)

You can use 2666MHz or even 3200MHz but machine will run at 2133MHz.  Of course you can always use 2133MHz RAM if compatible.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

If i use 2nd slot and use 8gb ram different brand and same configaration as 1st slot ram can i get dual channel facilities ?

Or face any problem?

HP Recommended

@Nayan360 wrote:

@Nayan360 

The best option is to buy same existing RAM (a tool called CPU-Z will tell you what it is). For different brand, you need same Timing configuration otherwise it won't run as dual channels.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.

Please tell me how can i get better performance than before.
If i buy buy same existing RAM OR buy fully new crucial (2x8)GB kit?
what can i do ?please give me a best solution.

this is my exist ram:
Capacity 8 GB
Manufacturer Samsung
Model M471A1G43DB0-CPB
Type DDR3/4 @ 2133MHz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.