Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17-r
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks,

i started disassembling my laptop as per those instructions, which went perfectly, except that this tutorial does not explain how to remove the keyboard. I took everything apart and i'm left with a metal board

metal board.jpg

which seems to be really firmly attached to the palmrest with numerouss plastic clips. But this side seems the only way to go, as the palmrest (on the other side) is made of one part, nothing to remove. So i'm completely stuck, here. I don't want to force the plate and take the risk to break something.

Any further instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and kind regards

Nicolas

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

The tutorial does not explain how to replace the keyboard because it is not a thing. The keyboard is firmly embedded in the top cover. To remove it you would have to break and resolder rivets. You will find dishonest vendors selling keyboards but they have purchased subassemblies used in the manufacturing process and not replaceable parts. If you want to replace the keyboard you have to replace that entire top cover. 

HP Recommended

Thanks. That's what i just found out right now ;).

On the original part i have the following information:

D/C 7H1690

71NC4232061

819948-BG1 SA

813678-BG1 SPS

Do you know which one is the correct part nbr in order to order it ?

HP Recommended

None of the above. I need your full model number of your laptop and the chassis color to find you the correct replacement part number.

HP Recommended

HP Envy 17-r190nz 

The palmrest if black and the chassis silver.

HP Recommended

OK here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

See p. 16

Not sure if it is this one:

For use in Switzerland 813678-BG1

or this one:

Black for use in the United States 818093-001

Either would fit and work its a matter of keyboard layout...is there an umlaut and accent grave key for German and French?

Found the black US model on eBay Germany:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/HP-PAVILION-M7-N0109DX-M7-N-SERIES-PALMREST-TOUCH-PAD-KEYBOARD-818093-001-RE...

The Swiss model was not there. This laptop is too old for HP Parts to carry this any more. 

The price is a bit high so you might want to keep looking. I am willing to try to help if you wish but no guarantees. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Brilliant, thanks.

How about this one : 

https://www.ebay.de/itm/for-HP-ENVY-17-N000-17-R000-M7-N000-Keyboard-Palmrest-backlit-Latin-Spanish/...

It should fit, right ?

The keys don't matter that much. I can swap them with my old keyboard. Just trying to not have too many to swap, like an asian keyboard.

HP Recommended

If you swap keys you are going to have to remap them. It can be done. I am able to work with just about any keyboard so agreed buy on what you can get that is affordable, 

HP Recommended

@Huffer wrote:

If you swap keys you are going to have to remap them. It can be done. I am able to work with just about any keyboard so agreed buy on what you can get that is affordable, 

Really ? Doesn't just selecting the right language and keyboard at windows installation suffice ? I've done  on a laptop with a german keyboard, and the keys where mapped from scratch.

HP Recommended

If you mix and match keys you will have to remap manually as the keyboard would not be standard. If you swap a whole keyboard the automatic mapping will work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.