08-02-2019 11:28 PM
I am having issues with my battery icon not charging. I have an internal battery so a lot of the posts I have seen that says to remove the device manager battery items can't be done.
What I have done:
1. Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager and restarted the computer
2. I have updated the BIOS
3. I have updated the Chipset
4. I have unplugged the power down to 15 %, turned off the computer and let it sit for 30 minutes and a second time for an hour and then plugged it back in.
5. I have used the HP battery tester through the hardware tester and it tested 'good'.
6. I've tried other outlets at known good power sources with no change.
But still, after multiple restarts, for the most part, it is still not showing any movement on the charge for the battery.
Every once in a while I will notice it gone up 2%, but then it doesn't work again until I go through the entire process from the top.
08-03-2019 05:04 AM
Have you run a diagnostic on the battery using HP Support Assistant or the preboot UEFI environment test?