Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

good luck! Let us know how it goes! My laptop is just sitting here sad. Not sure what to do with it but the cost of repairing the hinge seems outrageous.

HP Recommended

What can i do abo

HP Recommended

Same issue here as the rest.  Called HP today to be told $402.79 to send in for a repair.  I'm out of warranty but unit is 2 years and 4months old.  The hinge popped out while picking up the unit and also broke the screen ( see pic).  It's been like this for a few months as I don't know what to do.  Really wish HP would own up to this issue and take care of their customers.  I can't be a repeat customer with this type of poor service.  This is my second HP with major issues just out of warranty.  HP laptop borken hinge.jpg  

HP Recommended

I would recommend calling back in and asking for a supervisor. The customer service reps that initially answer the phone do not have the authority to approve repairs at no charge. When I initially called in they offered discounts on the repairs and the percentage of kept changing. I told them it was a known issue/ defect and asked for a supervisor. The supervisor then approved the repair. The key is to be persistent and don't settle for anything less than a repair at no charge. Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I have 2 HP Envy x360 machines a 15" and 13"

Both cracked in the same way within a week of each other.

The firs I thought  the kids might have done something working and I fixed it by with epoxy.

The second definitely had no harsh treatment  and will attempt a warrentee claim.

I'm very disappointed

HP ENVY 13-ay1000 x360 Convertible PC (3T487AV)

HP Recommended

Exact same problem here. My Envy x360 is 8 months old, and when opening it, the right hinge popped out. I always treat it well, barely use the full range of the hinges. It's tricky for me to get it repaired because they say it will be gone for something like 2 weeks. I constantly travel for work, hence 2 weeks is an impossible time line - I won't be in the same location when it's finished, and it can be weeks/months until I return again. I do need it for my university studies though, because the assignments I can't complete on a phone or tablet.

I bought the device in Austria with worldwide support. Currently, I'm in Bahrain. HP was not even willing to help me in any way. They told me I should have bought a business device to receive support!! I contacted a local repair shop that's working with HP. It took 3 days for HP to finally confirm that the warranty is indeed valid here as well.

HP Recommended

HP (eventually) replaced my hinge & screen, but had to fight for it. Logged call beginning of Feb - after reviewing pictures said they would repair it and acknowledged it was a known problem.  After collection, had nothing for a month, then chased & told the engineer said (a week prior...but no one contacted me) it was accidental damage. They said 'Carepack is warranty cover, not accidental cover'...acknowledging this...I carefully explained that an internal, non-user serviceable part had seized up (so can't lubricate etc), got stuck & failed to function - i.e. a fault / quality issue...so not accident damage and i wanted to escalate this. Heard nothing for over a week, called again and had to explain it all again. Again nothing...so went to HP Support on Twitter & got instant response...they eventually an excellent lady (i have name) in the HP Customer Relations Team called. She had listened to recordings of my calls and apologised for delays and would get back to me, after a few hours she also said it was accidental not warranty. I repeated my view as above, said not acceptable and asked for escalation. She asked what an acceptable outcome would be...i said a free repair of the faulty hinge..and she said as 'gesture of goodwill, as an exception and best efforts basis' she would authorise a repair. I was very happy but objected to the language...and i guess it was to avoid admitting liability for their faulty part. So after waiting 6 weeks..a resolution and 6 hours after the call - courier notification that it was on it's way with my repair...amazing!

p.s. They also changed the screen lid, bottom case/feet and cleaned the unit out - looks/feels brand new!

HP Recommended

Glad that some of you could actually get a free repair eventually. But it's insane what one has to go through.

I will bring my laptop to the local repair shop tomorrow morning. They'll inspect it, check for the parts that need to be ordered, then I can have it back the same evening until the spare parts arrive.

I'm wondering if people know: When HP repaired the broken part, did they replace both sides? Mine is broken only on the right side, but given it's been in the state shown in the picture for 5 days already and will probably stay for another 2 weeks, I imagine there must be a lot of stress on the parts of the left side, causing them to brake pretty soon as well. I will definitely try to negotiate an exchange on both sides, but since I won't be dealing with HP directly I'm not sure if I'll succeed.

IMG_1943.jpg

HP Recommended

Laptop hinge 4.jpegLaptop hinge 1.jpeg

HP Recommended

(Sorry - photo upload separated from my reply!) If you're dealing with a third party repair..all parts will probably be charged unless they can get it back from HP...equally slow and painful. As the hinges are screwed and glued to the lid...i would HOPE they were both be replaced...but i'm not 100% sure..so open and close it very carefully now!! Best of luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.