Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
5XK97UA#ABA

The SD card reader in my laptop just stopped working.  I did look for the rollback and it is not available.  I uninstalled the device and let the system find it again to reinstall it but it still will not work.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@reddpat, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Welcome to HP Forums, I see that the SD card reader is not working.

Go into device manager and uninstall the card reader, it should be listed as IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

This will uninstall and reinstall the driver for the card reader.

1. Open Device Manager (Hold Windows + X key and select device manager)

2. Follow the instructions in the preceding procedure to uninstall the device.

3. If you are prompted to restart the computer, follow these steps:

• Plugin the device and then restart the computer. The device will be detected and reinstalled after Windows restarts.
    • Follow any instructions on-screen to complete the installation.

4. If you are not prompted to restart the computer, follow these steps:

• In Device Manager, in the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

Scan for hardware changes will not reinstall a Plug and Play device if a driver is already installed on the computer. If the device has not been uninstalled, Scan for hardware changes will not detect the connection of the device as a change. You must uninstall a Plug and Play device for Windows to start the installation when you connect the device again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

This did not work for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.