Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Micron M550 256GB OEM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm trying to locate the firmware upgrade for my SSD, i can't do it directly from Micron because it's an OEM update.

Micron M550 256GB mSATA-3 Solid State Drive   Product#: F3C92AA   Serial: 14240D283F9C

I'm currenctly on firmware ver M5T4 looking to upgrade to MU02 or the latest MUN2.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally HP will test new firmware and modify it if required and release. HPSA will pick this up for you OR you can check from your machine homepage. What is your machine ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I bought the SSD seperatly from a reseller on Amazon, it's an OEM drive.

Model : MTFDDAK256MAY-1AH12ABHA
  Firmware : M5T4

in order to contact HP Suport they require a valid serial number, apperantly this one doesn't get recognized.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not from HP therefore you have to check with Amazon.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

It's a second hand HP product. Only HP is in charge of the updates.

Thanks

Edit: Screenshot

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

I've ordered this SSD as updgrade to my HP laptop, so it's definitely not from Amazon and it shouldn't be Amazon, who should give HP customers info about potential firmware update. I've tried HP support search as you have suggested and there's nothing about this SSD. MIcron's Storage Executive application can't update the FW because it's an OEM product and we should contact HP, so when we will hear from you about if there is new FW version or not?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.