Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello, everyone;

My Mini 110-1100 keyboard is acting strangely. Most of the time, certain keys will not register as being pressed. Space bar, the left shift key, t, y, [, ], z, x, c, v, and m all do not work when this happens. Sometimes (rarely) all keys will work from boot. In addition, when it's not working properly. after using it for a few hours or so, the keyboard will randomly work. I'm assuming it is a software problem as opposed to a hardware issue because of this. I am running XP Service Pack 3, with all available updates. I have also tried reinstalling both the keyboard and touchpad driver.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated. Thank you!

-Don

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Do you have an external keyboard you can test the issue against?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

HP Recommended
Yes, I have used an external keyboard, and the keys work. The issue only exists on the mini's keyboard.
HP Recommended

Ok, so the drivers are current, an external keyboard works, you could try restoring the system to a date when the keyboard was known to work but I doubt that it would fix it, most likely it is a hardware issue, in which case you should check your warranty and call HP.

Warranty:

http://www13.itrc.hp.com/service/ewarranty/warrantyResults.do?admit=109447627+1286541891570+28353475

Contact HP:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

HP Recommended

This works for me! 😃

under control panel, try going to clock,language and region. Double check if you have appropriate settings, then go to Format tab and select English (united states) then under keyboard and languages tab select English (united states)- US.

Then under mouse properties go to Device Settings tab, if your using Synaptics then click its setting then go to Tapping, I just uncheck enable tapping to minimize quick touching and unecessary movement of mouse due to slight touch of pad.

HP Recommended

My HP Mini 110c - 1100CA also has a bizarre keyboard problem.

I have tried using a USB keyboard...same thing.

Even the on-screen keyboard is not functioning.

The keyboard is behaving as if the Ctrl key is stuck down (but clearly it isn't)

I have also tried re-installing the keyboard driver. Nope...

What is going on? Anyone??

I tried doing as sandugo suggested. No difference.

HP Recommended

UPDATE: Regarding HP Mini 110c - 1100CA

I downloaded a program from Tucows called 'Keytweak', and, using this program, I disabled the Ctrl key to see if this would resolve the problem. It worked! I now know that the physical keyboard IS indeed the problem. Apparently the left Ctrl key is randomly working/not working properly from time to time, for some unknown reason. Anyway, my keyboard is now useable again. Hope this helps anyone out there.

HP Recommended

Hey,

we got same keypads that is not working?

Is this a hardware issue?

I did the following and nothing happened

• uninstall and install keyboard driver
  • update antivirus and full scan
  • update drivers

I think I am gonig to dissect the machine.

esyj
HP Recommended
Hi everyone I have an hp mini 110 and i'm having problems with the s key. It acts on its own in the sense that for example when I click on a search bar to type something in, it will randomly type itself in yet when I press the s key for myself it will not respond. Please help. I am not very tech savvy and any support will be appreciated.
HP Recommended
I have an HP Mini 110 as well and I have learned some tricks that may help all of you. Each problem, I have learned, is different but a lot of them can be fixed easily you just need the right combination of keys. I had lost function of the whole top half of my keyboard except for the very top row, the F1 strip. By holding the control key down and pressing F5 I restored use to all keys that I had lost. The F keys can fix almost any issue you are having, try them out and see if they can help you. Also I found that when my computer spazzes out and highlights all my shortcuts on my screen, they all flash on and off, hitting control alt and delete at the same time will stop it and the computer goes back to normal. That would happen for a while when I would first boot up my computer. Hope it helps!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.