Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-be012tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop processor is not working so I want to upgrade the processor if possible. I don't want to replace the whole motherboard as it costs too much.

Please help me if there is any way to sort this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is not possible to upgrade the CPU in modern notebooks, as it is integrated on the motherboard. So the only way would be to replace the motherboard which can cost more than a new PC (unless you find a good used one)

Service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06189781

When you say the Processor is not working, what do you mean?

Do you get error codes (blinking LEDs)?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

I get to the repairing shop and the repairing guy is saying that the motherboard ICs is short now after repairing the motherboard ICs still the laptop is not powering up and the guy checked again and said the Processor is shorted.

HP Recommended

And yes when I pusb the power button the power led turns on but motherboard is not powering up and nothing is running (fan, hdd, screen).

HP Recommended

@chetankoranga 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05366605

No, you can't replace its CPU/Processor, you have to buy a whole new System board which contains

(a) New motherboard,

(b) New CPU/Processor (if available)

(c) New Windows license.

If you wish, you can use the following list

● Intel Core i7-7500U processor part # 914598-xx1
● Intel Core i7-6500U processor part # 909166-xx1
● Intel Core i5-7200U processor part # 903793-xx1
● Intel Core i5-6200U processor part # 854945-xx1
● Intel Core i3-7100U processor part # 903796-xx1
● Intel Core i3-6100U processor part # 854946-xx1
Intel Core i3-6006U processor part # 909169-xx1
● Intel Core i3-5005U processor part # 854947-xx1
● Intel Pentium N4200 processor part # 903799-xx1
● Intel Pentium N3710 processor part # 854948-xx1
● Intel Pentium N3450 processor part # 903801-xx1
● Intel Pentium N3160 processor part # 854949-xx1

Note: xx = 00 with FreeDOS and 60 with Windows 10. Your existing machine came with FreeDOS therefore its part # is 909169-001

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes I need this part could you send me the  cost of the part.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.