Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs641tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
this notebook can upgrade m2 ssd harddrive
have slot can plugin?
i want to user kingston sm2280s3g2/120gb harddrive to upgrade this notebooks,can support?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From the pictures you shared it will be slot 2 you will have to replace your HDD with SSD.

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi 

I was able to find the manuals for your PC

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

Page 3 : Hdd info, it looks like your Notebook should support M2 Sata-3 SSD the one that you are reffring should work

Page 60 to 62 : how to replace info

Hope this helps.

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

HP Recommended

InkedIMG_20170827_104623_LI.jpgInkedIMG_20170827_104630_LI.jpgInkedIMG_20170827_104657_LI.jpgi read you send the pdf file,but i see is look like missing no.1 slot,andthen look like i want to take away my hard disk and replace the m2 ssd?but i see in no.2 no slot can i replace the m2 ssd.

HP Recommended

Look's like the region specific model that you have is a Single drive & not dual drive,

Hope this helps.

-VJ

HP Recommended

ok,now my  Notebook m2 ssd plugin in slot no.1 or no.2,i want to know where is it installed?

HP Recommended

From the pictures you shared it will be slot 2 you will have to replace your HDD with SSD.

Hope this helps.

-VJ

HP Recommended

Hello friend. I have a similar doubt, could you install an ssd m.2 in that slot (jssd1) or replace your hdd? I bought an ssd m.2 nvme and did not detect it.  The only thing left for me to do is put a Solid State Disk instead of a DVD drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.