Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-dc1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First of all sorry in advance to the moderators if my post is in the wrong place, or some of my questions are already answered.

My laptop is:

8750H, 8GB, RTX 2060, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, win10 pro, 144Hz 1080p panel

My question can be divided in 3 parts:

1) i can't find any advanced BIOS settings, how can I access them?

ηπ.jpg

2) I can't find any way to use the intel UHD 630 integrated graphics in order to save energy and battery time. Is it possible?

I know already that NVIDIA optimus is supported on 10 series and 16 series GPUs.

3) If I upgrade (by myself) the RAM or SSD/HDDs would it void the warranty?

Thank you all in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CaptainGR
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

And, also integrated graphics is managed by system it cannot be modified.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake.

"Integrated graphics is managed by system it cannot be modified"

What exactly is the meaning of this clarification?

The igpu is managed by system? how can this be done since there is no relevant setting?

If we 'll face a problem with a non working external GPU the system by itself will "give life" to the igpu?

I think thats impossible and we 'll have just a bricked pc.

So, HP do your best to bring back optimus to omen laptops. Find a solution, on flickering issues, that does not "throw away" the igpu.

We need a functioning igpu  and we had no relevant information when buying our pcs

HP Recommended

You have blocked out some of the information we need. Product Number will give us the model number which is important. 

In fact this model series is a gaming laptop and there is no integrated video. Dedicated only. 

You are going to have to explain what you are concerned about with an eGPU. I wanted to be sure your system has a Thunderbolt port before answering. It likely does but some Omens do not. 

And on the Omen upgrades to storage and memory and wifi are customer authorized procedures so you will not ruin the warranty.

Post back to discuss further if you wish. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for answering.
My system has thunderbolt support but i really meant the dedicated (not external) rtx gpu.

Omen 15- dc1000nv Laptop (Core i7 8750H/8 GB/256GB SSD + 1TB HDD/RTX 2060 6 GB/144hz no G-Sync)

HP Recommended

I understand that the dedicated-only video probably greatly reduces battery life. But the Optimus and other switchable graphics system had their own set of nearly insoluble issues. In my opinion, getting the video to switch from one to the other was too complicated to implement and threw many users for a loop. We used to get a lot of posts with the opposite request: "We want dedicated only". So there is no advanced BIOS and you have a high powered system that is going to struggle with battery life but the video is going to be able to give you good framerates without constant tinkering and resetting and driver issues. Enjoy. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.