Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Did you fixthis problem by updating all 2018 from the product page? HP assistance has been dealing with my problem for over a week: they still cannot find a solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

BIOS Update issue fixed on my case!

Just had to do this from the UEFI Diagnostics Utlity ver 6.5 instead of the separate  BIOS Update utility.

Though I am not sure battery charging issue will be solved. Message appears saying 16 minutes till charging, with orange light. Yet  battery icon charging animation remains static

Also Caps Lock flashes 5 times slow and 3 times fast. Have to return it for a repair

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I updated all other drivers without issue. Some drivers I downloaded from other sites because HP drivers were outdated, like Realtek's and Intel's modem drivers. HP Jumpstart works but reports a problem on HP end and exits.

Though now I notice that the F4 monitor hotkey does not appear. No big deal, I can switch monitors via Personalization settings anyway,

I only tried updating the BIOS once and had the exact same issue you described. I did not wait to reach 25%, just went to sleep and later noticed that I was back to W10 again with the old BIOS. So something went wrong in the update.  Am not willing to try that again. That utility goes automatically to UEFI mode and you cant do a thing.

I hope HP can fix this.

HP Recommended

@Kleshar

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
HP engineers are already dealing with my problem, unfortunately 😞 Happy to see that I am not the only one having this problem.

I'm waiting for another phone call tomorrow from HP support

Thank you by the way for your support 😊
HP Recommended

I'll be in touch  to see  the progress too. 

When I saw the slow update progress I knew something was wrong, so I typed the appropriate keywords and the search engine brought me here! So I knew beforehand the BIOS update would stuck but I couldnt risk restarting the laptop by myself.

HP Recommended

Doing the hardware diagnostics, battery test failed with this message.

RLJNMV-8GT91K-MFPX7F-C08403

Will do a UEFI diagnostics too.

I am using latest version of Windows 10.

HP Recommended

BIOS Update issue fixed on my case!

Just had to do this from the UEFI Diagnostics Utlity ver 6.5 instead of the separate  BIOS Update utility.

Though I am not sure battery charging issue will be solved. Message appears saying 16 minutes till charging, with orange light. Yet  battery icon charging animation remains static

Also Caps Lock flashes 5 times slow and 3 times fast. Have to return it for a repair

HP Recommended
You are the real Savior. 10 out of 10 for you. Problem Fixed by updating HP UEFI Diagnostics to ver 6.5 and by flashing bios from UEFI Mode (trying to update the bios from the . exe file still does not work).

Updated to F. 45

I do not have problem with caps lock.
HP Recommended
Yes, it was a simle solution. Apparently my laptop battery has issues. Fortunately I extended the warranty and the shop also gives me a laptop replacement till they fix this one
HP Recommended

I was having the issue trying to update to F.45 and that solution worked! 
Now, I'm having the same issue trying to update to F.46 :smileyindifferent:  

Also, my battery does not charge completely most of the times. Should I send it for repairs? It's under warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.