Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da0503sa

How do I UPDATE my HP PC Hardware Diagnostics? When I try to run UEFI it tells it is out of date

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is a link to the HP PC Hardware UEFI web document.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/hp-pc-hardware-diagnostics

Click on the "diagnose problem outside of the OS" section to reach the download for version 8.9.x.x/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @JohnM29 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

(1) Download and install

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

8.7.2.0 Rev.A

62.4 MB

Aug 21, 2022

Download

(2) Please report back

HP Recommended

Hello Ub6424

I downloaded and install the version you suggested and it updated HP PC Diagnostics from version 7.6.2.0 to version 8.7.2.0, but when I tried to run it, it told me it was still not up to date!!

Can you offer any further help?

HP Recommended

Hello @JohnM29 

Ignore the message for now and use the software. It will work !

I don't have the link for version 8.8.x.x at hand at the moment.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Hello Ub6424

I don't understand what you mean "Ignore the message for now and use the software. It will work !" I does NOT work and I cannot run HP PC Diagnostics because the version is not up to date and my only option is to "Exit"!!

Also, I have a suspicion I need version 8.9.x.x

Regards

HP Recommended

Here is a link to the HP PC Hardware UEFI web document.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/hp-pc-hardware-diagnostics

Click on the "diagnose problem outside of the OS" section to reach the download for version 8.9.x.x/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you Erico, I now have version 8.9.0.0 and it runs with no “not up to date” messages

HP Recommended

Apologies Ub6424, I now realise version 8.7 was working! I was concerned by the “not up to date” message!

HP Recommended

Hello @erico 

Thanks for the excellent tip and support !

Kind regards

HP Recommended

@ub6424 

You're welcome!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.