Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-ce3501sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion 14-ce3501sa can I expand the standard 8GB if so what's the max?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the crucial memory report for your notebook.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-14-ce3501sa

1 x 32 GB is the max.

Here is the most recent service manual for your notebook's model series, which should help you with removing and replacing the memory.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06248869

HP Recommended

Hello.

I have come across this post when searching for the same question. Hope you dont mind me piggy backing the thread to save openeing a new one.

Looking at the 16GB modules, will this laptop take a 3200 speed or is it limited to 2666. My model is exactly the same.

Thank you. Mike. 

HP Recommended

Hi, Mike:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know the answer to that question.

In theory, if you install a 3200 MHz memory module in there, the PC should run the memory at 3200 MHz because the processor's FSB supports that speed.

But one person on this forum installed a 32 GB, 3200 MHz memory chip in his 14' notebook with a 10th gen processor, and it ran at 2400 MHz.

I still can't figure that one out...

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update.

Yes I imagine it will cap the speed lower but I suppose given the small price differnce it may be worth the punt. At the end of the day it will just run at the lower speed but increase my RAM overall.

Thank you.

MIke.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Mike.

It certainly isn't going to hurt anything if you install a 3200 MHz chip in there and if you do, please post back and let us know the results.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.