Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-CC183CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased an HP Pavilion 15-cc183cl (see image and specs) and I would like to know if the laptop's M.2 slot has the M.2 mounting screw already in it, or do I have to buy one separately to install an NVME PCIE internal SSD?

I would love to upgrade the computer with a Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD but I'm not sure if I need to get a mounting screw for it to work or if it's included in the laptop. If so, which screw should I get? Where should I buy it? Does any screw work, or only specific ones with HP computers?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I think these that you posted would work.

https://www.amazon.com/2-3mm-Laptop-Screws-Silver-Nylok/dp/B01CYR2PS6

P stands for Phillips, and M stands for Metric.  The 2x is the diameter (2mm), and the 2.3mm is the length.

They just left off the 'P' in the ad.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

It is doubtful the required screw is there.  Very few notebooks come with it.

You can open it up first and check before buying one.

The size screw you need is listed in the service manual I posted for you the other day.

Phillips PM2.0×2.3 screw

Chapter 5, page 44.

HP Recommended

Do you know where I could find such a screw? I can't find the "Phillips PM2.0x2.3 screw" anywhere on Google. Would this M2 x 3mm screw or these M2 x 2.3mm OEM Laptop Screws work? What about this screw kit or these? If not, can you show me where I could buy the screw?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi:

I think these that you posted would work.

https://www.amazon.com/2-3mm-Laptop-Screws-Silver-Nylok/dp/B01CYR2PS6

P stands for Phillips, and M stands for Metric.  The 2x is the diameter (2mm), and the 2.3mm is the length.

They just left off the 'P' in the ad.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much! You're the best.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.