Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Thanks your solution worked:

To resolve this problem, remove the affected filter drivers. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
  2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    CautionThere can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
  3. In the right pane, if you have UpperFilters, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
  4. Click Yesto confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
  5. In the right pane, if you have LowerFilters, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
  6. Click Yesto confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
  7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
HP Recommended

I tried all of the fixes with no luck.  I find no upper or lower limits in the registry editor for the DVD class.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Any other fixes?

HP Recommended

I verified I was in the right registry.  Any other options?

HP Recommended

I didn't have upper and lower limits when I went to the registry.  Any other options?

HP Recommended

Hi rusosb,

I see that you are having some problems with your DVD drive. Are you able to boot your computer to Windows? What version is your operating system? What is your product number?

Find your product number on a notebook:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Finding your OS:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

There are diagnostic utilities that can be run to test the DVD or optical drive. I will provide the appropriate link once I know your operating system.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reponse.

The operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium  64-Bit Service Pack 1

Regards,

Rusosb

HP Recommended

Hi Rusosb,

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to find much information on your issue without your product number.  I posted a link on how to find that in my previous post.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The Laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook with a DS-8A5LH DVD.

The Operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Sevice Pack 1.

Rusosb

HP Recommended

Hi rusosb,

Sorry for the confusion, what I need was the product number for your computer. That will help me get any drivers or other details that I might need.

Find your product number on a notebook:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.