Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

This is the exact same problem I'm having with my Pavilion g7.  I've bought 2 new batteries for it.  They work correctly for a short period of time, such as 3 months, then the same problem appears.  0%, Not charging.  This cannot be a case of bad batteries.  There is something going on with the battery charging system.  I did not test the batteries to see if they were still good on another system as I don't have another Hp laptop.  It is possible the charging system is damaging them, or some trigger set within the software is too tight.  None of the procedures mentioned so far worked on my system including replacing the batteries.  This defect pretty much degrades this HP laptop to a desktop, as it now always must be plugged in.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @juankak

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the battery issue. 

Let's try these steps -

1) Shutdown the computer.

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.

3) Remove the Battery.

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer.

6) Try to turn on the computer.

Update the BIOS - HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

Also, try these steps - HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried this suggested procedure several times with no change in indications.  I'm hesitant to buy yet another battery for an older labptop like this one.  It does cause me to question the reliability of newer HP laptops as this problem continues to remain undetected and unsolved after all this time.  

HP Recommended

@juankak

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.