Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I own a Hp pavilion gaming laptop 15-cx0xxx. Recently, my laptop has been experiencing issues. It says that my laptop has a primary (Internal) battery issue that being of which is error code <601>. I went through system diagnostics and it is mentioned that specifically, my primary battery is very weak and (Charge state - Not Available)

========================================================================

For privacy issues I will type the error message :

HP Battery Alert

The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery stated to be very low. For optimal performance, this battery may need to be replaced.

Primary <Internal> Battery <601>

ENTER - Continue Startup

For More Information, please visit : http://www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

For privacy issues I will also type the results of the system diagnostics :

(X) Battery Check : Primary - Very Weak (70)

Primary : Logic State - Very Weak (70), Charge State - Not Available

FAILURE ID : (Rather not say)

PRODUCT ID : (Rather not say)

Primary Battery

Component Test : FAILED

I've plugged in my charger and so far, nothing really eventful has happened. About two or three months ago I sent my laptop for fixing regarding fan issues which resulted in the fan just being cleaned as it was dirty. Another two or three months before said problem occurred, my laptop had overheating issues. To be clear, I use my laptop for 9+ hours a day and for two and a half years and for the duration of it, I rarely unplug the charger. For now, whenever I plug in the cable it says <Plugged In>. My laptop doesn't shut down if I unplug the charger. No visible issues has occurred.

I don't know what to do. Do I need to replace my battery? How much would a replacement cost with and without warranty? Can I ignore the issue? Is there any way for me to resolve this without buying a new battery? What could have caused this to happen? Was this problem avoidable? What does the 70 mean on Very Weak (70)?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

The battery is a part that will deteriorate over time even if plugrd in to charger most of time. I usually replace the batteries in my notebooks about every 18-24 months for optimal performance.

You use the PC a lot so it its quite normal for the battery to be below 25% of its original capacity.

On page 39 of service manual you can see the procedure and part number.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05985643.pdf

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.