Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-2110sw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there! I wanted to ask what I could be able to upgrade in my HP Pavilion. I once noticed I can change the cpu when I was cleaning it throughly, but I don't really know any for the socket. You can see the specs here: https://icecat.vn/en-in/p/hp/wh690ea/pavilion-notebooks-0884962856901-dv6-2110sw-4000363.html . I also wanted to ask if it's possible to install a sata 3 m.2 ssd/better graphics card, and what's the max speed this laptop allows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The best you can do on an SSD upgrade is the 2.5" notebook SATA 3D NAND type.  NVMe interface is not compatible. There is no M.2 slot on your notebook's system board.

compatible SSD upgrades. The SSD products that are compatible with this notebook at Crucial memory  are also compatible with yours as it is the same notebook series.

https://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-dv6-2170us

Compatible processors

Intel CoreT i7-820-QM processor 1.73 GHz, SC turbo up to 3.06 GHz  HP p/n 583053-001

Intel CoreT i7-720-QM processor 1.6 GHz, SC turbo up to 2.8 GHz     HP p/n 586170-001

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The best you can do on an SSD upgrade is the 2.5" notebook SATA 3D NAND type.  NVMe interface is not compatible. There is no M.2 slot on your notebook's system board.

compatible SSD upgrades. The SSD products that are compatible with this notebook at Crucial memory  are also compatible with yours as it is the same notebook series.

https://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-dv6-2170us

Compatible processors

Intel CoreT i7-820-QM processor 1.73 GHz, SC turbo up to 3.06 GHz  HP p/n 583053-001

Intel CoreT i7-720-QM processor 1.6 GHz, SC turbo up to 2.8 GHz     HP p/n 586170-001

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

About the m.2 slot: I've seen something at least similar to that when I opened the RAM panel, it has its own place on the motherboard, just under the battery. I guess it may just be a slot for a bigger wi-fi card or something, but since it has no cables like that hanging there, I thought that there might be a chance. Also I didn't say anything about NVMe, just SATA III compatibility, since I know some laptops that had it. Anyway, thank you for your reply!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.