Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, may i know how did you restore BIOS? thanks. 🙂 

HP Recommended
If you enter the BIOS menu (pres esc at boot repeatedly then F10) go to last item (by pressing right arrow until you are at last item).
There you'll find the restore to default option. I am posting from my n900 sorry for the formatting if it's not good.
HP Recommended

Thank you amaj1407. Did what you said and it worked great.

HP Recommended

Hi,

There must be some type of bios bug if VT didn't show at first then a restore defaults bring the menu selection for VT back to the screen.

I have two differnet HP laptops (dv9700t and dv7-4100t) and the VT selection has always been visible.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I tried restoring to the default settings and i still can't see the VT in my BIOS, what else can i do? any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hello,

The VT BIOS option will be restored in the next release of the ROM BIOS that is due out shortly. I will repost once it is available. Thanks for your patience

thanks,

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
HP Recommended

Hello,

The new BIOS  F.14 REV:  E   that will allow to switch on/off VT technology is now available for the dv6-6000 and dv7-6000 series Notebooks.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53216.exe

regards,

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
HP Recommended

When I run the sp53216.exe  ,

"Warning: cannot check platform ID."

error message pops. I have the Windows version upgraded to Windows 7

from the original Vista that was on the notebook.

HP , help me !!

I really need to enable the VT.

HP Recommended

More details on my notebook :

dv6-1253cl

BIOS version : .F36

HP Recommended

Bumping up. Can I expect any advice here ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.