Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm planning to upgrade the memory of my machine, but I can't seem to find the manufacturer and speed of the present one. I'd like to buy exacly the same.

My notebook is HP Pavilion DV7 3150eq Entertainment PC, currently it has 4 GB and supports up to 8. A looked at the product specification but the only information there is that it has 4 GB DD3 RAM and the motherboard supports up to 8 GB of RAM. It doesn't say even how many slots are there 2, 4 etc.

Does anyone know who is the manifacturer and the speed of the RAM memory installed on the notebook model? And if not to much to ask, how many memory slots are there on the motherboard?

Thanks,

I. Hinov

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally each laptop has 2 slots for RAM. You can use the following information:

Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500, DDR3 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 8GB - Slots: 2
Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500 with a maximum of 4GB per slot.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally each laptop has 2 slots for RAM. You can use the following information:

Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500, DDR3 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 8GB - Slots: 2
Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500 with a maximum of 4GB per slot.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Since there are no manifacturer, I'll have two brand new 4GB cards and replace the old one.

Once again, thanks.

Regards,

I. Hinov

HP Recommended

Hello

i try to upgrade my laptop memory with 8gb 2x4 kingston ddr3 10600 but when i try to install OS show me blue screen with this error PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

STOP: 0x0000004E

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.