Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 15-br018na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have hp pavilion x360 convertible. (HP Pavilion x360 - 15-br018na) I replaced hard drive and it became very slow, very very slow. new hard drive is --> HP Pavilion x360 1TB 1 TB HDD Hard Disk Drive 2.5 SATA 7mm. 
can it be wrong hard drive? or it is alright? or should I just throw it away? I've tried reinstall windows, install all drivers but did not work anything. thank you 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@ME137, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Upgrading the HDD should not be an issue as this model supports 1TB SATA HDD. Run a performance tune up check from here.

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, check for any pending windows update. Reboot the computer. 

Also, let us run a test on the hardware components of the PC

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform System Test > Extensive test. Share the result on your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI, thanks for reply.
I have hp support assistant. everything is up to date. I tries different programs which finds correct drivers and downloads and installs them. I also tried reinstalling windows nut nothing worked. even when I come on this web site it takes very long time for every click. ive done tests which you said and results are:
MEMORY QUICK CHEK : PASSED
CURRENT VERSION : 1.18.0.0 - BIOS
TESTING DRIVE :1
SMART CHECK : PASSED
SHORT DST : PASSED
LONG DST : PASSED
thanks

HP Recommended

@ME137 I'm writing on behalf of @Kumar0307 as he's away for the day,

That said, try the following steps:

• Make sure there is at least 15% of free space on the hard drive. For information about freeing up more space, skip to the Free up space on the hard drive section.

• Update the BIOS. Refer to the HP support document HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS or HP Desktop PCs - Updating the BIOS. If there is no BIOS listed for your version of Windows, choose the latest version of Windows from the drop-down menu and install that BIOS.

• Update the hardware drivers using Device Manager.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. In the list of devices, expand each section.

3. Right-click the device, then select Update driver.

4. Click Search automatically for updated driver software, then follow the onscreen instructions to install the updated driver.

NOTE: 

Make sure the graphics driver is up-to-date. If you use a third-party graphics card, go to the manufacturer's website and check for a driver update.

5. Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

For more information, go to Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. all drivers were already up to date. there is only one graphic drivers called : display adaptors --> intel(R) hd graphics 610. does it needs to be more graphic drivers?
I have free space 888gb. thanks

HP Recommended

I'm sure there was many drivers before reinstalling windows. I downloaded every single driver from hp website and install them but didn't work, then I installed programs which find drivers and installs but didn't work and after that I reinstalled windows an I only installed drivers from hp support assistant

HP Recommended

@ME137 Did you happen to click on the link I shared at the bottom of the last post containing more steps to help resolve the issue?

If you missed it: click here to access the same and let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.yes mate ive tried everything but nothing made it better. ill take it somewhere in repair shop or in hp. thanks for your respond and help, I appreciate it. I have one more question. 
System information-> system summary-> available physical memory is 400mb / installed is 4gb and total virtual memory is 5.25gb / available is 1.08gb.
also in task manager memory most of times is on 100%, sometimes 80%-90%, never less than 70%. 
are these details ok? thanks for everything.

HP Recommended

I fixed it. 
i used Auslogics Driver Updater and update and install drivers. then device manager-> uninstall monitor driver then 'scan for hardware changes' and done!
now Auslogics Driver Updater shows monitor driver needs update but after update becomes again very slow, so I leave old driver. thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.