Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 15-cr0037wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have taken the back cover off from my HP Pavilion x360 - 15-cr0037wm, thinking this would give me access to the memory SODIMM ports. But I don’t see them. However, I do see a large rectangular structure that looks like it could be housing the SODIMM modules. Is there more detailed instructions on how to upgrade this computer? The website isn’t that helpful. Do I need to go through the top by removing the keyboard? Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will find the information you are looking for in the Maintenance & Service Guide in the user guides section of your notebook model series' support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-cr0000-x360-convertible-pc/20283994/manuals

The memory R & R procedure can be found in chapter 5.

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will find the information you are looking for in the Maintenance & Service Guide in the user guides section of your notebook model series' support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-cr0000-x360-convertible-pc/20283994/manuals

The memory R & R procedure can be found in chapter 5.

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

HP Recommended

That worked, was simply not looking in the right place. Memory installed. Thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

How much did you end up installing. I need to upgrade mine and I am getting very inconsistent info. HP manual says 12GB max of 8+4 but Crucial is saying 32GB Max

HP Recommended

Hello I am looking to find this out as well I am in the exact same situation. I want to upgrade the ram but idk how much I can put 

HP Recommended

Hi all, I ended up installing 8+4 (retained the original 4GB module) for a total of 12GB. I also was told by the Fry’s Electronics guy who looked up the motherboard chipset that it was capable of 32GB as well, I just did not try it. Was a work laptop for general office duties so maxing out the memory was not what I needed.  

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm looking to do the same.

Can you tell me what memory you purchased and what's compatible? I'm hoping to upgrade mine to 32GB with 2 16GB sticks, or at least 16GB total with 2 8GB sticks.

I, just like I'm sure many lesser tech-savvy customers, didn't know that Intel Optane Memory isn't memory at all and felt lied to and misled to find that it's actually more like storage, only then to discover that they've purchased a system that has only 4 GB of DDR4 system memory, not even enough to run Premiere Pro.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.