Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 HP
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, I bought HP Pavilion x360 Notebook, the pen worked probably the first three weeks after that it stopped working. I thought that's because of the battery but, when I changed the battery it is still not working. No cursor is shown up and my pen is not Bluetooth to connect it. What should I do? How to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You may try to install the software for the HP Tilt Pen Driver (Windows 10 V1903) - Click here

Let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Zediii95,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC? Did you purchase the Pen separately or did it come with your notebook.

Please share the product number and operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

If the pen does not write consistently while your fist or palm is touching the screen, make sure the pen tip is 5mm or farther from the point where your hand is contacting the screen.

Try few troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Reinstall the original touchscreen device driver that came installed on your computer using the following steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.

3. The touchscreen device is labelled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touchscreen device and select Uninstall.

4. Confirm the uninstallation.

5. Restart the computer to reinstall the touchscreen driver.

Also, update the BIOS and graphics driver on your PC and check if it helps.

You can try updating the drivers using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Refer the stylus compatibility guide for more information. Click Here

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working issues. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Jeet_singh

I tried the methods that you recommended. I even updated the BIOS and graphics driver however, none of them worked.My system type is x64 Windows 10 Home. My notebook is HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx  and the pen I have came with it. It worked with me a few months ago but, all of sudden stopped working on the screen while I was using it. I even put a new battery now but,  still not working. The pen did not fall from me or anything.

This is the picture of the pen:

c05523725_1750x1285.jpg

Do you have any recommendation?

HP Recommended

You may try to install the software for the HP Tilt Pen Driver (Windows 10 V1903) - Click here

Let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Jeet_Singh

Thank you I feel so happy that I can finally see my pen's cursor now!! You have solved the first problem !! BUT, I have GOT ANOTHER PROBLEM !! I why my pen is not showing any inks? I can't write or draw anything ...???

No ink is shown up. what to do? Do I have to install and download something else? !!! 😞  

HP Recommended

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I got the same problem again now, after updating Windows 10 latest version 19041 the pen didn't work now with the old driver. When I  tried to download again the old driver you gave me with the new update of Windows, the pen didn't work. Any other new driver for Hp Tilt Pen ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.