Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My previous battery in my laptop was completely unusable so I replaced the battery with the same number as previous i.e. "HT03XL". I followed the instructions from the HP support videos and I think I didn't miss anything but after I replaced the battery my laptop's power goes off, it shuts down without any warning like someone plugged out the battery even if it's charging. So, I'm wondering if I missed something or the new battery is defective.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That sticker with 853294-855 on the battery you bought is suspicious. That is a part number for a much older battery. Its like they wanted it to appear to be a genuine HP battery. You bought the right type of battery but I suepect it may not be a reliable product. See if you can get a refund. Below is another option

https://www.amazon.in/14-ce0014tu-14-ce1008tx-14-ce1003tu-14-ce0016tu-14-ce0015tu/dp/B09DY8P2XY/ref=...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

HT03XL is not an HP designation. You need to buy a battery based on the HP Part Number. What is the full model number of the laptop?

HP Recommended
  • HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-dh0043tu
  • Product 6UA64PA
  • Serial 8CG9305PXD

These are the product details of my laptop

HP Recommended

HP unfortunately has not posted the Service Manual for your laptop. Do you have the original battery? It will have the HP Part number on it usually on a sticker. 

HP Recommended

16327751366374258213946318379391.jpg

Above is my original battery and below is the replacement battery I bought

16327754474176084990374161629931.jpg

HP Recommended

That sticker with 853294-855 on the battery you bought is suspicious. That is a part number for a much older battery. Its like they wanted it to appear to be a genuine HP battery. You bought the right type of battery but I suepect it may not be a reliable product. See if you can get a refund. Below is another option

https://www.amazon.in/14-ce0014tu-14-ce1008tx-14-ce1003tu-14-ce0016tu-14-ce0015tu/dp/B09DY8P2XY/ref=...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.