Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion _ ce0508sa, i5, 256GB SSD

My laptop is over 1 year old and came out of warranty. The hinge on right gave away and threatens to release the screen.

Saw on the forum that this is a common issue. Feedback to HP is this seems to be a manufacturing defect which many are facing. Please help with my issue. I'm feeling cheated that HP sold me a laptop with known issue.  Below is link where others faced same issue. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-2-in-1-broken-hing....

I checked with Currys UK and they mentioned 110 GBP to fix this. I'm feeling cheated by HP. Please help.

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@NAB007

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I did go through the product details and found out this computer is not categorized as a defect. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue. However, my screen has cracked. Like many others it is no longer on warranty.

Can you please assist?

HP Recommended

@Moosetail

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What now? I logged in and it detected my machine, however, there is no way to submit a ticket to have your "engineers" sort this out. Please advise what am I supposed to do now.

HP Recommended

Did you get an answer yet? I agree that this is a defect based on the many people having the same exact problem. Plus it seems to break about 1 - 2 years which then means it is out of warranty. I hope that HP does the right thing and fixes our machine for free since it is clearly a defect.

HP Recommended

Sir/Madam, 

Thanks for your response. I am based in UK. Logged into the link and chose UK as option. It shows the laptop is out of warranty as it over a year since I bought it. What should I do ?

HP Recommended

@NAB007

I have sent you a private message. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. I got your message and provided the information that you requested. However, I have not heard back about anything. Please advise.

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita

I called the number in the link and an agent opened a case. I had to provide a video of the fault. On followup I was directed to service department and they said that since this is out of warranty the cost for repair will be 253 pounds...which they later discounted to 215 GBP. 

This is about half the cost of the laptop and is outrageous.  I feel cheated by HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.