Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion dv5-1120ev
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a HP  Pavillion dv5-1120ev, I know it is old, it was working fine till a few days ago. Then, the internal mouse pad stopped working and I was working with a USB mouse. Today, it is not working at all. The battery is not on the machine, as it died long ago. I am using the power cord and the white power led next to the power port is on, that means the board get ac power. But pressing the power on button does nothing. No power on button led, no fan noise, no nothing, completely dead. I tried to reset it by removing the power cable from the device, pressed the power on button for half a minute but nothing changed. What happened? Should I forget it or not?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Forget it. It's dead. The white light just means power is getting from the jack to the place on the board where the jack connects. It does not mean the motherboard is taking power. 

HP Recommended

What is the problem? Burnt Mobo?

Is it something that can be fixed in a service center? 

HP Recommended

Needs a new motherboard and the techs in the Service Center were in grade school when that laptop was made. They will not have parts for it. When a laptop gets this old, you have to DIY. Could likely find you a motherboard for not much money but shipping to Greece would not be cheap. 

HP Recommended

How do you know that I am from Greece?

I will give it to service center where they do reflowing, reballing and others like that. It may be something simple that can be repaired.

Thank you very much for your answers and time. 

HP Recommended

Because your profile says Greece.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.