03-21-2018 02:45 PM
I have the HP PowerBank. I am an HP Employee. I just saw this with a friend at work and decided to get one for myself. I actually charged his for him with my laptop just yesterday. I got one for myself and it was plugged in all day with my laptop and didn't charge. I can't see anything to do to troubleshoot? Again, my laptop and charger charged someone elses yesterday so not sure why my new powerbank wont charge. Any help would be appreciated.
03-28-2018 05:06 AM
Kindly check the link if your hp laptop is compatible wiht this power bank first.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem
03-28-2018 05:11 AM
Thank you for contacting HP .
There are 2 things here and it will be good if could give me more info on powerbank you have.
1. Is that a HP powerbank ? If yes what is the Part number ?
2. Are you trying to charge the notebook using the power bank or charging the powerbank itself ?
3. How did notice that the HP powerbank does not charge ? ( you can connect your phone to power bank and check whether charges the phone to confirm this )
4. If yes , power bank is charged and its able to charge the devies. If it can charge the phone and not charging any other devices it could be just the power compatibility issue ( the notebook might need higher power )
5. Make sure to use the right adapter to charge the powerbank for the first time than connecting to a notebook to get it charged,
6. Try diff charger and make sure powerbank is good, if you notice powerbank can be charged using different charge it simply means that charge of the powerbank is gone bad.
7. If the powerbank does not get charged using any other adpater get it replaced with new one as it could be a defective one.
I hope this information helps.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution
07-24-2019 02:43 PM
Hi, I have my 2nd HP PowerBank, the first one would not keep charging my laptop. I ordered another one several weeks ago and used it for the 1st time today and it did well keeping my HP laptop charged. Now I am trying to charge it using my power cord for my laptop and one of the 4 lights will come on for a few seconds and then it goes off. How do I know whether or not this PowerBank is charging? There were very limited instructions that came with this. Thanks for any help you can provide. My laptop is HP Elitebook 1040 G3