Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP PowerBank

I have the HP PowerBank.  I am an HP Employee.  I just saw this with a friend at work and decided to get one for myself.  I actually charged his for him with my laptop just yesterday.  I got one for myself and it was plugged in all day with my laptop and didn't charge.  I can't see anything to do to troubleshoot?  Again, my laptop and charger charged someone elses yesterday so not sure why my new powerbank wont charge.  Any help would be appreciated.

N9F71AA

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/wise/DocumentDetail/ams-en?contentType=Support Document&docId=c04960382

Kindly  check the link if your hp laptop is compatible wiht this power bank first.

Regards,

PC_Queen

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for contacting HP .

There are 2 things here and it will be good if could give me more info on powerbank you have.

1. Is that a HP powerbank ? If yes what is the Part number ?

2. Are you trying to charge the notebook using the power bank or charging the powerbank itself ?

3. How did notice that the HP powerbank does not charge ? ( you can connect your phone to power bank and check whether charges the phone to confirm this )

4. If yes , power bank is charged and its able to charge the devies. If it can charge the phone and not charging any other devices it could be just the power compatibility issue ( the notebook might need higher power )

5. Make sure to use the right adapter to charge the powerbank for the first time than connecting to a notebook to get it charged,

6. Try diff charger and make sure powerbank is good, if you notice powerbank can be charged using different charge it simply means that charge of the powerbank is gone bad.

7. If the powerbank does not get charged using any other adpater get it replaced with new one as it could be a defective one.

Thanks,

Thanks,
Techie_DK

I hope this information helps.
Good Luck!
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

Hi, I have my 2nd HP PowerBank, the first one would not keep charging my laptop. I ordered another one several weeks ago and used it for the 1st time today and it did well keeping my HP laptop charged. Now I am trying to charge it using my power cord for my laptop and one of the 4 lights will come on for a few seconds and then it goes off. How do I know whether or not this PowerBank is charging? There were very limited instructions that came with this. Thanks for any help you can provide. My laptop is HP Elitebook 1040 G3

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.