Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello,

i try to make a BIOS update from the ProBook 6570b

Prozessor: i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50 Ghz

Bios-Version: 681C Ver F.40, 31.01.2013

i downlaoded the file sp85497

HP Notebook System BIOS Update

system software Manager Icon

F.70 Rev.A 20.4 MB Feb 28, 2018

Sadly i can not  install the new BIOS. On the normal way. The progamm extract the files, restart the Notebook, but nothing happends. The Notebook restart just normal

I tryed to make an USB flash Drive but it seem that there is soemthing wrong with the files.

biosupdate001.PNGbiosupdate002.PNG

biosupdate003.PNGf

2018/04/06 13:33:54.932|000001A0|Error      |hpqLoadROMCabInterface|Failed to open CAB file: 'C:\swsetup\SP85497\ROM.CAB'

If I rename the file 681CF.CAb with 2.817 KB into ROM.Cab i can create falsh drive, but bios update start then laso not.

Maybe someone here could help.

greetings Sancho

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

This one?

TITLE: HP Notebook System BIOS Update
VERSION: F.70 REV: A PASS: 1

68ICE /CF      family ROM.

NOTE: To determine the ROM family and ROM date, press F10 on the notebook/laptop during startup to run the Setup Utility, and then view File/System Information.

SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP85497.exe
SUPERSEDES: SP81428
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 28, 2018
CATEGORY: BIOS
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes

PRODUCT TYPE(S):
Notebooks
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ProBook 6570b Notebook PC

HP Notebook System BIOS Update

F.70 Rev.A20.4 MBFeb 28, 2018

Download

from https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-6570b-notebook-pc/5212927

Everything seems to match perfectly.

But there is a problem with the cab file or USB stick?

You do give 681C and not 68ICE   or   /CF   maybe it doesn't matter.

Please just run thru the checks again and update us.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.