Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP PROBOOK 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I am suing HP Probook 450 G3

It has 4 x USB ports

as soon as connected any mass storage device on usb port it, windows says:

This device can perform faster

This USB mass storagedevice can transfer information

faster if you connect it to a Super-Speed USB 3.0 port.

I have all the updated drivers from HP / Intel website of all the hardware installed

but this message appears everytime I connect any mass storage device

please solve this problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@alpharugal wrote:

I havent mention the word "hub" in my 1st post.please see carefully

i am asking about the built in USB ports of HP PROBOOK 450 G3

hope i have given you enough info

but still no suitable answer / solution

Regards

"but still no suitable answer / solution"

Wow! That will sure make me provide one faster.

Read my last response again.

See the following article

https://superuser.com/questions/1022542/windows-10-display-a-warning-if-i-plug-a-usb-3-0-device-into...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

What is the installed processor?

Have you installed the most recent chipset drivers?

Are the mass storage devices or USB port hubs externally powered?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

thanks for reply

I have installed the latest intel usb 3.0 host controller driver v 5.0.4.43.

I have also installed teh latest chipset driver available on intel / HP website.

mass storage device is a simple sandisk 32gb pen drive.

usb ports hub are not externally powered

this laptops has 4 x usb ports

2 x ports on right side and 2 x ports on left side

I have also tried the same while laptop on charging but error remains same

please solve

HP Recommended

I will ask you again as to which processor is installed.

In the Device Manager, is the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller shown as having a driver installed in the Universal Serial Bus controllers section?

HP Recommended

please see below the screenshots

hp probook.jpgusb3.jpg

hope it will anser your queires

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for the images and info.

What are the model and part numbers, if available, of the Sandisk USB flashdrive and the USB hub?

HP Recommended

Hi

SANDISK Ultra Flair USB 3.0 Memory Stick - 32 GB, (Silver & Black)

by the way, its not about specific model, any high speed USB3.0 mass storage device yields same notification

how may i know the part number of USB hub?
Its on my laptop board all covered
and I am not using any external USB hub etc

Regards

HP Recommended

You mentioned a usb hub in your first post.

Ports on the notebook are not considered usb hubs, only external usb hubs are.

Make sure the USB 3.0 flashdrive is connected to a SuperSpeed port on the notebook and that it is not running on battery power.  Look at the ports for an SS symbol next to the USB icon.

HP Recommended

I havent mention the word "hub" in my 1st post.

please see carefully

Regards

HP Recommended

@alpharugal wrote:

I havent mention the word "hub" in my 1st post.please see carefully

Regards

"but still no suitable answer / solution"

Wow! That will sure make me provide one faster.

Read my last response again.

See the following article

https://superuser.com/questions/1022542/windows-10-display-a-warning-if-i-plug-a-usb-3-0-device-into...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.