Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 470 G5
Linux

I have an HP Probook 470 G5 with HP 837F Motherboard and stock 2x8Gb memory. I wanted to get more RAM, so decided to buy 2x16Gb banks.

I first purchased Kingston HyperX HX426S15IB2K2/32 (2x16Gb, CL 15 timings), the laptop started up, but upon reboot, it started beeping with 3-2 beep code. It wouldn't accept the memory.

I found this thread there the author claims that due to a bug in BIOS the laptop won't work with any memory with timings less than CL17.

So I was able to replace the banks to Kingston HyperX HX429S17IB2K2/32 (2x16Gb, CL 17 timings), but it gives the same error: first boot ok, second boot -- beep code panic. Seems like the laptop is simply not compatible with HyperX modules for some reason, whatever the timing. Don't buy it!

I tried updating the BIOS to 01.15.00, got same result.

Dear HP, is there a workaround? Can you please fix this? 

Kind regards

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I also tried the following RAM module; same result:  AMD Radeon R7 [R7416G2606S2S -U] 16 Gb

This module, however, works like a charm with my Probook 470 G5: A-Data Hunter [AX4S3000716G17G-SBHT] 16 Gb. Nice speed, dual-channel mode.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.