Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Probook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everybody. I've got the problem with CD-DVD-RW drive, the model in device manager is called HP CDDVDW SN-208DB. This drive is perfectly reading all sorts of CDs and DVDs, BUT it can not write any disk. NERO completes burning and finishes the process as successful. Windows completes writing, but at the end reports an error with disk (when checking). Finally disk is absolutely clean and can be used on another PC with DVD-writer.

The driver is pretty old by Microsoft (06-21-2006) and Windows doesn't offer any upgrade. Re-installation didn't help. Then I've decided, that  it might be a hardware problem with laser, and replaced the drive with the same one from another HP 6570b. Unfortunately, there is no result. New drive is reading, but is not recording. So  I've concluded, that it is finally a software problem. But I can not find any original driver for this device. Can anybody help me with original driver or any other ideas? I've got only one Lowerfilter in registry for this device, and it comes from anti-virus software, should not be a problem.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLVED... A lot of IT related peoples told me, that I MUST NOT clean the lens.... NO WAY. Finally I have cleaned it carefully with usual dry cosmetic cotton swab, and the problem with recording HAS GONE.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

SOLVED... A lot of IT related peoples told me, that I MUST NOT clean the lens.... NO WAY. Finally I have cleaned it carefully with usual dry cosmetic cotton swab, and the problem with recording HAS GONE.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.