Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hello again,

I don't get it. I have created the usb. I set up Boot menu in BIOS but my computer still opens the installed Win10 rather than letting me to install another one. It does pass the USB at boot.

In BIOS there is a tick just near "OS Boot Manager", I put it to bottom of the list. First order is USB Flash Drive but it still doesn't format Win10. I opened also Boot Menu. There is only Boot Manager with UEFI bla bla. But no USB. What the hell is wrong with this stupid laptop? I can't even format it.

Okay I did manage to do that just through System Recover and then clicking Use a Device => USB. Formatting now.

HP Recommended

I have done everything. Did a clean install from Microsoft and installed all 1903 Drivers except Amber Lake versions and now left my computer IDLE. I will share the results with you!

HP Recommended

It didn't work at all. Same issue. It always occurs after 20 minutes. I just checked it. First 20 minutes is okay while idling after that it suddenly locks and freezes.

HP Recommended

Something is definitely wrong and you should not have to work this hard to make it work. If you can return it for exchange or refund I suggest you do that. 

HP Recommended

Yes, you are right. I will just apply for a refund. Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem, brand new Spectre x360 that froze when idle from day 1.  It would take about 10 minutes for the laptop to freeze (usually just sitting with nothing running) so I set the screensaver to 5 minutes to head it off since it wouldn't freeze if anything was running (even the screensaver).  I decided that a brand new machine shouldn't have this issue or my bandaid solution so I called hp support and got a technician who was extremely helpful.  He ran a few tests, but quickly locked in on the Bios version.  Asked me to check what version/date I was running (which was AMI F.31 6/##/2019).   He promptly had me install an older version, AMI F.27 3/14/2019.  So far the machine has not had the freezing issue again.  I've placed it in every situation where it would previously freeze and it hasn't.  It's running great.  Apparently F.31 is an unstable Bios version.  Hope this helps. I'm not a computer expert, just reporting what hp customer service did for me and it seemed to be the fix.

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue.  My problems arose after a BIOS update.  I'll see about rolling back to the prior version.  Thank you for adding your comments.

HP Recommended

I have been battling with the same infuriating issues.   This began right after purchasing it from Best Buy.  I cannot remember what I did to resolve it but if worked great for months.  Then after an update it started again.  I reset it and wiped everything and it still has the issue.  It is infuriating to me that HP has not really don’t much to fix this issue.  A patch, installer, update, anything.  I loved the machine when it is working but this experience has made me lose faith in HP. Please someone reach out as I would like to give you a chance to make it right.  I’m even willing to pay for an upgrade.  As it sits now I cannot use it without wanting to throw it at the wall.

HP Recommended

No one is going to "reach out" from here. Are you still under warranty?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.