Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-aw0371no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the USB-C HUB "Unisynk USB-C 1 to 10 Dual Screen Hub with 100W PD power throughput".

Everything worked fine, the last cable to be plugged in was the original HP charger(USB-C). Then nothing happened, the PC did not recognize that the charger was connected. Why ?

The HUB supports up to 100W chargers.

Is there somthing non-standard or special with the HP-charger that makes it incompatible with the standard HUB ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Now I have an answer from the producer of the HUB (Unisynk), provided to them by HP Support:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start with this one that was provided by HP support in a similar case:

1.)
"- turn off the PC
- disconnect all cables
- press the power button 30 sec (to reset the USB-Cs - the PC will not turn on)
- connect charger and turn-on the PC normally"

Now the charging works!

I also had been using the wrong USB-C input, the HUB has 2 and only one is charging.

So I am not sure if the problem was solved by "step 1" above or if it was only caused by the

wrong input.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Magne_J wrote:

... Then nothing happened, the PC did not recognize that the charger was connected. Why ?

@Magne_J 

Are they compatible ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The HUB should work with all types of chargers up to 100W. The HP charger is 65W.

The documentation of the HUB does not list compatible or incompatible equipment, it is designed to work with all USB-C devices according to specs: "For all  USB-C devices - Laptops, phones & tablets".

HP Recommended

This forum is supposed to be answered by HP's experts. So where are you ?

I have sent the following message to the maker of the HUB in an attempt to fix the problem:

@Magne_J wrote:

My HP laptop has a power input of 20Vdc at 3,25A via the USB-C charger. It is a 65W charger.
When I connect my original HP charger to the USB-C input of the HUB nothing happens!
The PC does not recognize that the charger is connected and no charging occurs.

The charger works fine when it is connected directly to the PC. I have learned that if you
connect a non-HP charger to the PC a warning is displayed that informs you that non-original
HP equipment is connected. Which means that the charger and the PC is talking to eachother
before the charging starts (I have not tried it myself). Maybe the problem is that this
communication is prevented when the charger is connected via the HUB ? I am only guessing.
Do you have another explanation ?

Can this problem be fixed ?

Does the charger and the HP Spectre have some sort of handshaking at the time it is connected ?

Does the HP Spectre require some information from the charger before allowing the charging to start ?

HP Recommended

Now I have an answer from the producer of the HUB (Unisynk), provided to them by HP Support:

Start with this one that was provided by HP support in a similar case:

1.)
"- turn off the PC
- disconnect all cables
- press the power button 30 sec (to reset the USB-Cs - the PC will not turn on)
- connect charger and turn-on the PC normally"

Now the charging works!

I also had been using the wrong USB-C input, the HUB has 2 and only one is charging.

So I am not sure if the problem was solved by "step 1" above or if it was only caused by the

wrong input.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.