Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have fallen in love with my HP Spectre and considering using this with an "Omen accelerator". One of my concerns is whether I can upgrade the ram in this thing. It's at 16gb as of now but I would soon like to get 32gb of ram put into this machine because of the work I will use this for. If I can could I install the ram without voiding the warranty? or would I have to take it to the place I bought it from?

Side question: Sometime in the future, an upgrade to 1tb SSD in this would be amazing but also with concerns on warranty and such.

Any response is a great response thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Happy to have helped. Please accept as Solution as that makes it easier for others to find from a search engine. Don't hesitate to post back if you need additional

help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Yes it can be upgraded to 32 gigs. See pages 22-26 of the Service Manual here:

Manual

This will not void the warranty although it is not a super easy procedure and involves removing the back cover of the laptop and a metal shield that goes over the RAM modules. 

The Manual says 16 gigs is the max or 2 x 8 gig DDR4-2400 but based on a lot of feedback we know 2 x 16 will work as well. 

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-16GBx2-PC4-19200-SODIMM-260-Pin/dp/B019FRCV9G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=...

The only kind of storage you can use on it is a NVME M.2 SSD which is the fastest kind made. HP actually offers it with up to a 2 TB module so we know it would handle a 1 TB fine and again the warranty will not be affected as long as the upgrade is done properly, i.e. nothing broken. 

The USB-C port accepts charging to the laptop and also carries an "alternate DP" video signal. The Manual does not say it is a Thunderblot port but it likely is. That is important because the Omen Accelerator needs not just any USB-C port but a legitimate Thunderbolt 3 port. So if we can have your exact model number I can trace that down for you before you spend the money on a pricey eGPU. 

Post back with any further questions and please accept as solution if its the info you need. 

HP Recommended

This has to be the best response I have ever gotten on a forum question, thank you so much on your reply

my product model is: Z4Z35UA#ABA

Thank you once again for your amazing response!

HP Recommended

Happy to have helped. Please accept as Solution as that makes it easier for others to find from a search engine. Don't hesitate to post back if you need additional

help.

HP Recommended

And it does have a Thunderbolt 3 port

HP Recommended

Sweet, thank you for your wonderful help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.