Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch011nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an issue with my laptop case.  It has completely split down both sides leaving the internal workings exposed.  My laptop is not heavily used in the way of moving it and it being mobile.  It sits on my desk 99% of the time attached to a monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse.  It has plenty of space around it with no risk of overheating.  I actually don't know when this started because it is stationary.  After seeing it I started doing research to see if this is a common problem, which it seems to be. 

Is this not a defective warranty issue??  It looks to be the same issue as others have had with a swelling battery, which makes me very nervous.  All info I've seen indicates because the device is out of warranty I'm out of luck as far as HP doing anything to fix this reoccurring problem with this laptop version.  Any advice on how to proceed?  I'm about ready to give up on HP products....         

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HP sells millions of these laptops all over the world, The ones with problems come here and can't understand why they have so many battery issues, when it's really not. It's no different from your phone or car batteres. They only take about 500 charges   and each top off of the battery counts as a charge. After that they start losing power. Keep it plugged in all the time you risk the battery becoming swollen.

Take the battery out now before it causes more damage, check the part number and order one, install it and move on. Take pride that you are keeping the laptop going by yourself.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.