Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Spectre x360 (model 13-ap0053dx) froze and died while charged.  I have had it for a little under 18 months, and the warranty ended at 12 months.  I have taken good care of it.  I took it to the service center of the store I bought it from, and they were pretty sure the motherboard failed and shipped it to a larger service center to be inspected.  Yesterday I was told that the motherboard needed to be replaced, and the total cost would be $877 if I wanted them to repair it.

This is a $1,550 laptop.  I made the investment because I thought I was getting a high quality product that would last me at least 6 years with proper care.  I really liked its versatility, speed, and lightweight design. After searching this forum, apparently lots of customers have had the motherboards of their Spectre x360s fail, which is extremely disappointing.  I want to know if HP is willing to fix this.  I shouldn't have to pay almost $900 to salvage a computer that was supposed to be top-of-the-line, just a year and a half after buying it. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@emb-other
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake Thanks for your response and for passing on my message.  I'm waiting to hear from them. 

HP Recommended

When can I expect to hear back from HP? I have not heard anything yet, and I need to know whether to have my laptop returned from the diagnostic center.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.