Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Split X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello, I have another problem with my Docking Station. Whenever I turn my notebook on, the docking station is never recognized (I.e the computer always thinks it is detached from its docking station). Occasionally the computer can access the 2nd battery in the docking station when connected, but the keyboard and touch pad, along with the D Drive are inaccessible. When I charge the tablet part via the docking station, the LED light flashes between white, orange and off and cycles. It doesn't charge Battery 1. The issue started on the 10th of March 2016. I've tried running a system restore to the 9th of March but this didn't help at all.

Thank you in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update on the situation: It's been a few days since my last post. The issue has not occurred since then, though I haven't tried disconnecting the tablet from the keyboard. For people who are going through the same thing, try system restore to the date before the issue occurs and reinstall the update. It seems my particular case happened because an update didn't install properly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I will ask to have your issue escalated to the apppropriate team within HP.

Is your ultrabook still in warranty?

Check your warranty status Here.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@KouSMT

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the warranty has already expired, about 6 months ago. I bought this on "display".

HP Recommended
Just an update on the issue: I'm getting the [Flash Dock EC]? Message upon start up, even when I don't have the tablet connected. I'm not sure what this means, I have so far answered yes when I have it disconnected and connected and neither has had any impact on the issue.
HP Recommended

Update on the situation: It's been a few days since my last post. The issue has not occurred since then, though I haven't tried disconnecting the tablet from the keyboard. For people who are going through the same thing, try system restore to the date before the issue occurs and reinstall the update. It seems my particular case happened because an update didn't install properly.

HP Recommended
It's been over a year and this issue has resurfaced itself. I can't use system restore this time to fix the issue. This issue started happening as of 04/05/2017
What's new this time is that when docked, the dock station seems to remain "on". I can hear something whirring and clicking on the dock, to the left side of the mouse pad. It seems to sync with the battery LED lights when it's plugged in. Otherwise if the tablet is not docked, the dock station makes no noise and the battery seems to charge correctly.

Could I get some assistance again?
HP Recommended

Its been over a year sonce my last issue, but it seems it has resurfaced. Previously I had solved the problem by myself, but after applying the same solution (system restore due to faulty software update), it seems the cause of the problem has changed. I'd like some assistance this time again please.

My problem is that the tablet can't recognize that it is docked. As such, the keyboard, mouse, D Drive and battery are inaccessible. As like last time, it seems the dock charges properly ( as indicated by the orange LED battery light), however, when charging while docked, the LED light would cycle between white, orange, and nothing (roughly 1 second per phase).

Something new to thos issue os that the dock station seems to be "doing something" when docked. There is a faint whirring and click within the dock, to the left of the  mousepad, with the click being in sync with the "nothing phase". I haven't investigated any further (I don't know how to disassemble the dock).

This issue came up after "wobbling" the screen while docked maybe a little too rough. Since then there have only been two occassions where the two batteries were connected, but I haven't been able to reproduce it.

This seems like a highly specific problem. Any suggestions is fine.

HP Recommended

This particular issue was resolved. A similar issue has arisen and can be found here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Split-x2-Docking-Station-pr...

HP Recommended

Hello, I have same problem with my Docking Station. Whenever I turn my notebook on, the docking station is never recognized (I.e the computer always thinks it is detached from its docking station). Occasionally the computer can access the 2nd battery in the docking station when connected, but the keyboard and touch pad, along with the D Drive are inaccessible. When I charge the tablet part via the docking station, the LED light flashes between white, orange and off and cycles. It doesn't charge Battery 1. The issue started on the 2018.Thank you in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.