Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
KouSMT Tutor
Tutor
10 1 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Split X2 Docking Station Problem

HP Split X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello, I have another problem with my Docking Station. Whenever I turn my notebook on, the docking station is never recognized (I.e the computer always thinks it is detached from its docking station). Occasionally the computer can access the 2nd battery in the docking station when connected, but the keyboard and touch pad, along with the D Drive are inaccessible. When I charge the tablet part via the docking station, the LED light flashes between white, orange and off and cycles. It doesn't charge Battery 1. The issue started on the 10th of March 2016. I've tried running a system restore to the 9th of March but this didn't help at all.

Thank you in advance.
8 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45624 4309 10950
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I will ask to have your issue escalated to the apppropriate team within HP.

Is your ultrabook still in warranty?

Check your warranty status Here.

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
16526 215 879
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@KouSMT

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
KouSMT Tutor
Tutor
10 1 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the warranty has already expired, about 6 months ago. I bought this on "display".

0 Kudos
KouSMT Tutor
Tutor
10 1 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Just an update on the issue: I'm getting the [Flash Dock EC]? Message upon start up, even when I don't have the tablet connected. I'm not sure what this means, I have so far answered yes when I have it disconnected and connected and neither has had any impact on the issue.
0 Kudos
KouSMT Tutor
Tutor
10 1 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Update on the situation: It's been a few days since my last post. The issue has not occurred since then, though I haven't tried disconnecting the tablet from the keyboard. For people who are going through the same thing, try system restore to the date before the issue occurs and reinstall the update. It seems my particular case happened because an update didn't install properly.

0 Kudos
KouSMT Tutor
Tutor
10 1 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It's been over a year and this issue has resurfaced itself. I can't use system restore this time to fix the issue. This issue started happening as of 04/05/2017
What's new this time is that when docked, the dock station seems to remain "on". I can hear something whirring and clicking on the dock, to the left side of the mouse pad. It seems to sync with the battery LED lights when it's plugged in. Otherwise if the tablet is not docked, the dock station makes no noise and the battery seems to charge correctly.

Could I get some assistance again?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
KouSMT Tutor
Tutor
10 1 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Its been over a year sonce my last issue, but it seems it has resurfaced. Previously I had solved the problem by myself, but after applying the same solution (system restore due to faulty software update), it seems the cause of the problem has changed. I'd like some assistance this time again please.

My problem is that the tablet can't recognize that it is docked. As such, the keyboard, mouse, D Drive and battery are inaccessible. As like last time, it seems the dock charges properly ( as indicated by the orange LED battery light), however, when charging while docked, the LED light would cycle between white, orange, and nothing (roughly 1 second per phase).

Something new to thos issue os that the dock station seems to be "doing something" when docked. There is a faint whirring and click within the dock, to the left of the  mousepad, with the click being in sync with the "nothing phase". I haven't investigated any further (I don't know how to disassemble the dock).

This issue came up after "wobbling" the screen while docked maybe a little too rough. Since then there have only been two occassions where the two batteries were connected, but I haven't been able to reproduce it.

This seems like a highly specific problem. Any suggestions is fine.

0 Kudos
KouSMT Tutor
Tutor
10 1 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This particular issue was resolved. A similar issue has arisen and can be found here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Split-x2-Docking-Station-pr...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation