Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Stream 14"

I bought a HP Stream 14" laptop and have had it for less than a year. I have the white one that looks pretty and the functionality is ok for a cheap laptop, however, I recently noticed a hairline crack just near the power button and as I opened and closed the laptop I could see that the crack gets wider when in motion. This really concerned me as I haven't dropped it or knocked it or anything. Anyway, I searched online to see if anyone else had a similar problem. There were reports of HP laptops with design faults with the hindges inside that causes the laptop to crack on the surface. I contacted HP as my laptop was still in warrantee and they told me to send a photo of the crack and they would get back to me either last Friday or Monday. I emailed some photos. They never rang me back so I rang them today and they said that it is not covered under the warrantee as the crack is on the surface and asked if I would like to 'pay' them for a repair! Shame I didn't realise before I bought my HP printer. I won't be purchasing their products again!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

So what do you think we might do for you?

HP Recommended

Replace the laptop as it is obviously not made well enough to last a whole year.  The warrantee is for a whole year so there is obviously an expectation on the company's side and the customer's side that it would last that long. Also, take note of what your customers are telling you and make a better product or at least do a recall for design failure.

HP Recommended

This Forum is worked by other fellow users and we have no ability to give you a replacement. 

HP Recommended

I will be taking my complaint in the right direction... 

Glad I didn't take up additional cover for 2/3 years or more... the first year is usually covered by the manufacturer for a lot of products so what happens if it doesn't make the first year!  I guess the additional cover becomes useless!!!

HP Recommended

They do not like to cover physical damage or what appears to be physical damage. Keep working the HP system and maybe you can get somebody to pay attention. I will also escalate to HP from here but there is no telling how that will wind up. 

HP Recommended

@DK_Really

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.