Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

My HP Support Assistant was recently installing some updates when it came across an error. The update was a driver for "Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver". It could not install this driver. Does anyone have any advice on how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Get your Product number -should be at bottom edge of HP SA. Or you can get it by holding Fn key and tapping Esc key. Minimize any open windows if you use Fn + Esc or it will pop up under it.

Once you have the info, use the button at top of this page titled "Support", then click "Software and Drivers" from the menu. On the next page enter your Product Number. After entering  click 'Find my product' button. On the next page be sure correct OS is selected-if not click Change to edit .A list will populate with drivers/software.

Download & Save the latest Realtek Audio driver. Once download completes click the file to install. You may have to delete the task in HP SA before it will let you install it (I did) so go ahead and delete it before you start.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Get your Product number -should be at bottom edge of HP SA. Or you can get it by holding Fn key and tapping Esc key. Minimize any open windows if you use Fn + Esc or it will pop up under it.

Once you have the info, use the button at top of this page titled "Support", then click "Software and Drivers" from the menu. On the next page enter your Product Number. After entering  click 'Find my product' button. On the next page be sure correct OS is selected-if not click Change to edit .A list will populate with drivers/software.

Download & Save the latest Realtek Audio driver. Once download completes click the file to install. You may have to delete the task in HP SA before it will let you install it (I did) so go ahead and delete it before you start.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. I got it working so far. But the installer said that it would uninstall the current driver, then reinstall after I rebooted. I rebooted and nothing has happened so far.

HP Recommended

Is it possible that the driver just isn't compatible with my PC? But also when I install an older version, I get the error code 10 where it can't start.

HP Recommended

I have seen several people report problems installing the new Realtek Audio drivers on various models. Try running it again- but this time right click it and choose Run as Administrator.

HP Recommended

I was actually able to install it successfully by just completely uninstalling the original driver and then installing the new one. 

HP Recommended

Great news!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.